ABOUT THE WINERy:
Founded way back in 1860, by Edmond de Ayala who had moved from Colombia to the Champagne region and more precisely to Aÿ, the Maison Ayala has faced the most varied vicissitudes over the centuries. After passing from hand to hand and having overcome crises linked to historical events and natural problems – read phylloxera -, it is from 31 January 2005 that the company belongs to the Jacques Bollinger family company, which works strenuously to bring the cellar back to its peak , recorded in the 1980s, when the Maison circulated one million bottles, half of which were destined for export to Great Britain, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, the United States and Mexico. This is how, located in the heart of Champagne, the Maison Ayala remains today a little jewel. With a vineyard extension that exceeds eighty hectares, it is one of the few Maisons to cover its needs using exclusively grapes harvested in its own vineyards. Finally, Nicolas Klym, chef de cave of the Maison for 25 years, obsessed with the constant search for quality, guarantees regularity, typicality and excellence for all Ayala labels.